2.11.2010

Frankie, Now In Color!

Well, it has been a while, (perhaps too long) but I finally finished painting Frankie. For those of you who haven't met, Frankie is a Slaughterfex who enjoys long walks and roasting guardsmen on tank-fires.
He turned out quite vibrant, thanks to the orange and green (I think). It is tempting to do a whole brood of these guys...
I will likely do sculpting and painting tutorials when I do the next batch of gaunts. Who wouldn't want to know how to make pustules!?
On the horizon is a Tyrannofex (mostly because I like the name, very monster-movie), to add the shooting to Frankie's combat. He will most likely be made from tyrgon, old carnefex and plastic carnefex bitz. Due to the beast having six wounds (same with the tervigon) it will be mounted on a large oval, it seems more fitting.
Due to the recent changes with the Hive Mind (read: Codex) I have began working on Fester, the Hive Tyrant, in order to get these guys on a battlefield.
Once again, be well (and beware the talons),
Ricalope.

4 comments:

Big Jim said...

Very Nice, I love the color scheme!

-Jim

Mordian7th said...

Extremely cool - that's one menacing looking Carnifex! Keep up the great work!

Mark said...

Jeezus man, that's one fine-looking crab monster (I especially like the treatment you gave the flesh hooks). From the points cost, I dunno if you should do a brood, but definitely keep expanding the army.

Craig said...

that is one sinister looking beast!
really well painted, nice one!