1.10.2011

A Four Foot Pipe

Here is the story of my four foot pipe. After a 3am game, I decided to make some quick (and cheap) terrain instead of just talking about it. Since having a pipeline was in my mind, I grabbed the box and bag of tubes.
Till tubes, a plastic sign, a couple of primer lids, and a handful of other plastic trash were strewn about the living room. After three hours of cutting and gluing, four feet of pipeline was built and primed black. But I was assaulted by orks as the paint dried, so I had to defend myself.
After the skirmish, I rested. But upon waking I immediately.....worked on something else for a while. But this afternoon, on the other hand, I painted them. Painting took about as long as the construction, and after around six hours I think they look table-ready.
And that was the story of a four foot pipe.
Ricalope.

9 comments:

Meatball said...

It looks great, I have been thinking of building a pipeline for quite awhile I am just looking for cheap material to do it with.

Anything But Ones said...

Nice work! Love how the pipes create a city scape which looks like there are people living in it...kinda because it now looks operational. Water for humans or even just waste sludge.

Any chance u can show us how you constructed the embellishments around the pipes? i.e. the details?

Porky said...

They look more than table-ready! This is terrain at its best - bringing a story and challenging the players, and good-looking with it.

deathkorps said...

Very cool- nice economical terrain piece that looks great. Nice rust effect as well

Max said...

That is an awesome looking 4 foot pipe you got there sir.

Unknown said...

thanks all.

enrgie > When I make another set I will post a step-by-step. Although it really is easier than it looks.

Anything But Ones said...

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

I am actually building my own city at the moment and am incorporating an industrial section (check my blog out).

I have posted a WIP picture. Will update it soon.

Unknown said...

enrgie > which blog? post a link if you will ;>

Anything But Ones said...

Sure thing! This was the post I made awhile back: http://anythingbutones.blogspot.com/2010/12/terrain-day.html

You can "follow" me as I will be putting up the WIP post for my city soon.

Would be great for us to share ideas on building realistic urban themed terrain!