7.26.2014

Steamroller - Throwing Down at EG

 Today was a Steamroller day, and as a 'Ganger, I was there to preform the sacred duties of a T.O.  I had a ton of fun and I didn't even play a game!!
 I'm always more than happy to go down to the FLGS and help out with events they want to run, last week was a speedmachine tournament at C2/Gamecentral, and they are always filled with some of the best players around.
 I find that there are a few players who want to keep their games 'casual'.  While I do agree with them, the Steamroller format (and being held in a FLGS) doesn't feel as pressurized as many other types of tournaments I have experienced.  Yes Deathclock can be intimidating, but it is rare that I see a 'casual' game last longer than two hours.  Don't rush, you got time aplenty!!
 There were some terrifying lists out there today (24 medium based infantry, two storm striders, and the Rhulic colossal to name a couple) and lots of things dying which made me happy.
 The top three factions were Mercenaries, Scorne, and Circle.


 The faction breakdown was fairly even, with only two Hordes factions, and Ret being the only faction with two players.  I find it preferable when a tournament has equal representation from each faction, it provides more diversity which makes better players.



 Of course I have to give a big shout-out to Rob at Everything Games for hosting the event today, and Andrew at C2/Gamecentral for the one last weekend!!
 Until next round, be well and crush your enemies (in a friendly way).

No comments: